CIMMI possesses a permanent team consisting of researchers and software programmers from science or engineering fields. It supports collegial formation by offering paid internship all year round to students interested in careers in computer science or other related fields, depending on the centre’s activities. CIMMI also supports the training of collegial workers by actively including teachers in its permanent team for the accomplishment of certain projects.
The activities done by CIMMI are generally related to the following fields:
- Digital vision
- Image analysis and processing and video sequencing;
- Multisensor system data merge;
- Positioning and calibrating multicamera;
- Augmented reality;
- Three-dimensional reconstruction;
- Medical imaging;
- Web development;
- Development of mobile applications such as iOS and Android.